Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Classroom application of PowerPoint

Today I examined the pedagogical practices of implementing PowerPoint into an interactive classroom. PowerPoint has evolved from when I was at school and is becoming an increasingly useful tool.

Have documented my findings in using the Outline in Word tool which I have used for organising my assignments numerous times - I love it! This tool works really well for visual learners. See below.

I am aware that this is not an overly clear picture. I took a screen shot from Word and cut and pasted it into Paint then uploaded it as a photo. Does anyone have a better way to do this?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anna,

    I also really like the organizer chart in Microsoft Word and I only just discovered it in the PowerPoint tutorials in week 3.

    In reference to question about turning documents into pictures I do something similar to your method. I print the screen, then paste it into PowerPoint and then I save the PowerPoint as a JPEG file interchange format. You do this by selecting “save as” and then within this “save as” box you click the arrow down where it says “save as type” and then scroll to select JPEG file. I am sure there is an easier way but this is how I do it. Let me know if it works for you or if you find another method.

    Regards
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed PowerPoints are a useful tool but at what cost? I agree that PowerPoints are useful for teachers, but I feel they are not so useful for students. A comment was posted on my blog that discussed how students can waste a lot of time formatting, and the actual 'work' never gets done. I would just like to alert you to this fact. Great Blog so far, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete